Documents dating back to 1976 prove in recent press comments, Northeastern University misrepresented as the artists’ fault its hostile, often racially-charged, 40-year campaign to terminate the African American Master Artist-in-Residency Program.
Above: Screenshot from July 2, 2018, showing no evidence of the program’s existence in a search of the College of Social Sciences and Humanities where the Department of African American studies is. Updated July 13, 2018 Northeastern University appears to be eviscerating the watershed African American Master Artist-in-Residency (AAMARP) from its institutional memory. On July…
When I was living with my father as a senior in high school, I vividly remember days going by when I wouldn’t see or hear from my dad. By then, I was 18 by and living in what was still a safe neighborhood among many affluent African Americans in our 1982 Roxbury neighborhood. The landlady…
Life with a famed artist father is never dull. My dad started out very young as a community organizer and activist like Barack Obama and many others. He was a 15-year-old teen when he started speaking out against inequality and he’d already been an award-winning student artist for a few years. That means, by the…
- A Prolific Artist, Chandler Created Hundreds of Works
- About the Agent—Dahna M. Chandler
- Agent’s Disclaimer of Artist’s Statements
- Anti-Spam Policy
- Artist’s Bio
- Artist’s Statement—The race question and my art answered.
- Book the Artist
- Chandler Has Always Felt God’s Leading in His Art and Activism
- Chandler’s Art Is So In-Your-Face Powerful, It Forces Reflection
- Contact Us
- Content Disclaimer
- Creator of AAMARP, A Life-Transforming Program for Black Artists
- Dana Chandler’s Art is Part of America’s History
- Is Dana Chandler’s art still relevant?
- My Life in Art
- Protecting Professor Chandler and His Art
- Site Policies
- The Artist Reflects
- Upcoming Events & Recent Press
- Visitor Discretion Advisory
© 2008-2018. The Celebrated Activist Artist, Inc. and Akin Duro, LLC. All Rights Reserved.